* Highly competitive hourly wage with an industry leader
* Work on a range of multidisciplinary projects and challenges
* Gain valuable experience and build your career
About Lake Excavating LTD
Since 1964, Lake Excavation is one of Western Canada's leading earthworks and
infrastructure contractors and has built everything from sub-divisions to
highways across British Columbia and Alberta. We work on a range of mining and
civil construction projects and always approach them with the goal of
delivering them proficiently and on time. We know that quality, cost control,
on-time completion, diligence, and safety are the keys to our success and have
ensured the continued growth and achievement of our family-owned and operated
About the Opportunity
Currently, Lake Excavating LTD is seeking multiple experienced Civil
Labourer to join our teams in the Merritt, Kamloops and Kelowna BC area.
As one of our new Civil Labourer, you will work on key projects as you carry
out a range of duties at varying levels of responsibility including:
* Routine manual work entailing considerable physical effort and agility in the safe performance of a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled jobs, including operating small equipment
* Conducting pre-trip/walk-around safety inspections.
* Completing daily Field Level Hazard Assessments and logs;
* Reporting any maintenance concerns with the equipment;
* Filling out and understanding an equipment logbook;
* Ensuring the safety of the crew, equipment, and the environment;
* Ensuring that the work is completed during regular hours.
Requirements and Qualifications As the successful candidate, you will have:
* Valid Class 5 Drivers license. Class 3 or 1 considered an asset.
* 3 to 5 years of experience in utility and civil construction.
* Knowledge and understanding of safe work practices as they pertain to mines, utility and municipal based civil construction.
* Able to operate all types of heavy equipment in a safe and productive manner.
* Supervisory ground disturbance.
* First Aid
Additional Details: This position requires candidates to:
* Have and maintain a valid driver's license and acceptable driver's abstract.
* Successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
* Travel and work overtime as required (living out allowance and travel will be paid for if travel is required).
About the Benefits
For your hard work and dedication, you will receive a highly competitive
hourly wage based on skills and experience. You'll also have overtime
opportunities and the chance to build a career with an industry leader on a
range of multidisciplinary projects and challenges.
If you are looking for an exciting new challenge and the opportunity to grow
your skills and experience, apply online to join us today!